- 1 What do you serve at a beer tasting party?
- 2 How do I host a beer tasting at home?
- 3 What order should you taste beer?
- 4 How do I become a beer taster?
- 5 What snack goes well with beer?
- 6 What snacks go with beer tasting?
- 7 How much is a beer tasting?
- 8 What is the best beer for a party?
- 9 What order should you drink craft beer?
- 10 What is a flight at a brewery?
- 11 Why is it called a flight of beer?
- 12 Is beer tasting a job?
- 13 What is a beer expert called?
What do you serve at a beer tasting party?
For any tasting party, lots of finger foods and bite-sized treats are a must. You obviously want things that go well with beer. Peanuts and popcorn are great fillers. Beef Sliders, soft pretzels, Lit’l Smokies, and even cheese and pepperoni are simple and delicious snacks to complement beer.
How do I host a beer tasting at home?
Here’s how to do it.
- Know your audience. Planning your guest list is key when it comes to hosting a tasting.
- Get advice from your local expert.
- Think about breaking out the big guns.
- Get the right glasses.
- Go in the correct order.
- Cleanse the palate.
- Plan for snacks.
- Take notes—or don’t.
What order should you taste beer?
Start with something light and refreshing — a lager or a blonde ale — then progress to more full-flavored, stronger brews: pale ale, then an IPA, or a brown ale and then a stout. Finally, finish strong — literally.
How do I become a beer taster?
However, there are a few places where you can get certified as a beer taster, which can help you land this job. Check out the programs below for more information:
- The Beer Academy Accredited Beer Sommelier Scheme.
- Prud’homme Beer Certification.
- Cicerone Certification Program.
- Doemens Beer Sommelie.
- Guild of Beer Sommeliers.
What snack goes well with beer?
Best Snacks With Beer: Top 15 Snacks for the Beer Buddies Bonanza Edition
- Chips and dips.
- French Fries.
- Chicken wings.
- Jalapeno poppers.
- Salted nuts.
What snacks go with beer tasting?
- Craft Beer Jerky Snack Pack. This equation is simple: beer jerky + craft beer marinade = big yum!
- Unique Pretzels Sourdough Craft Beer Pretzel Rings.
- Beer Nuts.
- Frito-Lay Fun Times Mix Variety Pack.
- Popchips Potato Chips Variety Pack.
- Pretzel Crisps.
- Duke’s Shorty Smoked Sausages and Cheese Crisps.
- The Wild Alaskan Company.
How much is a beer tasting?
You don’t need a lot of beer for this — you’re just tasting. Each 12-ounce bottle or can should provide enough for four to six sample pours of 2 to 3 ounces each. Pick up a sleeve of small, clear plastic cups at the grocery store — clear so you can see the color of the beer.
What is the best beer for a party?
Related: Check Out Beer This City For Beer Guides From Brewers!
- Budweiser. Via Instagram.
- Pabst Blue Ribbon. Via Instagram.
- Miller Lite. Via Instagram.
- Bud Light. Via Instagram.
- Heineken. Via Instagram.
- Corona Extra. Via Instagram.
- Boston Lager. Via Instagram.
- Yuengling. Via Instagram.
What order should you drink craft beer?
Sampling beer should lead from the lowest alphas to the highest alphas or the lower IBU to the highest IBU. Drinking in reverse or out of order will assault the palate and affect later samples. It is important to note that alcohol by volume (ABV) and IBU are not interrelated.
What is a flight at a brewery?
At its core a beer flight is simply a sampling of several beers. This form of “taste presentation” is better known in winemaking, but is also used in the culinary industry, and is becoming prominent in craft brewing as well.
Why is it called a flight of beer?
The small grouping of beer samples fits this definition perfectly. A flight can also be compared to a flight of stairs. Flights are usually drunk lightest to darkest where you work your way “up” in hues of color as you would work your way up a flight of stairs.
Is beer tasting a job?
What Are Beer Tasting Jobs? You can work for a specific brewing company or travel around to various breweries. There are also other positions with duties related to beer tasting, such as organizing beverage events and tastings, being an ambassador for a company, or working on quality control.
What is a beer expert called?
The word Cicerone (sis-uh-rohn) designates hospitality professionals with proven experience in selecting, acquiring and serving today’s wide range of beers.