- 1 Is alcohol cheap in Cyprus?
- 2 How much is a beer in Paphos Cyprus?
- 3 Is Cyprus cheap for food and drink?
- 4 Is Cyprus expensive to eat out?
- 5 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 6 Can you spend English money in Cyprus?
- 7 Is Cyprus cheaper than UK?
- 8 Why are flights to Cyprus so expensive?
- 9 What is the coldest month in Cyprus?
- 10 How much is rent in Cyprus?
- 11 How much money do I need to live in Cyprus?
- 12 Which is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
- 13 What is the most famous food in Cyprus?
- 14 How many days should you spend in Cyprus?
Is alcohol cheap in Cyprus?
Alcohol prices in Cyprus: local beer 2-4 euro for half a liter. a glass of home wine from 1 euro. a glass of commandaria 3-4 euro.
How much is a beer in Paphos Cyprus?
Cost of Living in Paphos
|Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course||40.00€|
|McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal)||6.50€|
|Domestic Beer (1 pint draught)||2.00€|
|Imported Beer (12 oz small bottle)||3.50€|
Is Cyprus cheap for food and drink?
Cyprus is definitely not cheap. I’ve just returned from 16 days and thought everything was really expensive (except for petrol). Even light meals out like a sandwich and drink cost about 10 EUR per person.
Is Cyprus expensive to eat out?
While meal prices in Cyprus can vary, the average cost of food in Cyprus is €33 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Cyprus should cost around €13 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
Can you spend English money in Cyprus?
The currency of Cyprus is the Euro. You can use ATMs, debit and credit cards as normal. If you ‘re found with fake euro banknotes the police will be called and you may be prosecuted. Several British nationals have been convicted and imprisoned for possession of fake euros.
Is Cyprus cheaper than UK?
United Kingdom is 47.0% more expensive than Cyprus.
Why are flights to Cyprus so expensive?
Flights from Cyprus are more expensive that fights to Cyprus. The reason is two-fold. The market is tiny and there is no reasonably sized airline based in Cyprus. The tiny market does not allow for an airline to be based in Cyprus and compete with foreign carriers flying to Larnaca or Paphos.
What is the coldest month in Cyprus?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||August (79 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (55 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||January (1.42″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||February (9 mph avg)|
How much is rent in Cyprus?
Those who are renting long-term can expect to pay around 450 euros and up for the same type of apartment or house, and around 550 euros for a two bedroom place. This is the rate for Limassol. Renting a place in Paphos, Larnaca and Nicosia will cost you a lot less.
How much money do I need to live in Cyprus?
Summary: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 3,004$ (2,463€) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 851$ (697€) without rent. Cost of living in Cyprus is, on average, 9.99% lower than in United States.
Which is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
The 12 Best Areas Where to Stay in Cyprus
- Limassol, one of the most popular areas where to stay in Cyprus.
- Larnaca, whether culture-vulture or beach-bum, Larnaca can hit the spot.
- Paphos, one of the best areas to stay in Cyprus with beaches and history.
- Coral Bay, great place to stay in Cyprus for everyone.
What is the most famous food in Cyprus?
Koupepia is one of the most famous traditional Cyprus dishes. It’s usually made of grape leaves, stuffed with rice, minced pork or beef, fresh herbs and other seasoning and then cooked in a tomato sauce.
How many days should you spend in Cyprus?
There are so many things to do in Paphos that you could easily occupy your entire time in Cyprus, however, three days should be sufficient to both see a lot of cool things while also allowing you plenty of time to relax by the Mediterranean.